Friday, November 6, 2009

Dear Leslie

For November 3, 2009

Dear Leslie,

It's hard for me to sit here, writing this letter to you. I wish I could say all of this to you, face to face, but you've made that pretty hard in this situation. I guess you were feeling pretty positive about leaving, weren't you? I mean, you just got up and left, without saying anything to anyone...which I think is pretty damn selfish of you. You've acted as if no one in this town cares for you. As if you don't have anyone to turn to or that wants you here. And you know that's total bullshit.

There are TONS of people that care about you, love you, but it's like we're not good enough for you. You have this desire of finding other people more suitable for this new lifestyle you got going for you. You're such a city girl, aren't you? It makes me cringe to think of what you think of our town, the place that we all grew up in. Are you embarrassed about being from a small hick town, is that it? I know we can't compete with any big city that you're always going off about. But is this place really all that bad?

I don't think it is. You didn't to either. But then everything changed that one Christmas.

You know, I thought that it was gonna be you and me facing the world together each day at a time: Leslie and Laura, till the end. But I guess you've moved on from that.

Look, I don't wanna make you pissed or anything, more than you probably already are. But I just wish you talked to me like you used to. I wanna know what's going on with you and why you left. That's all I really wanna know. So, that's why I'm leaving this letter at your house. You said that when you leave this town you wouldn't be coming back. But I also remember that you believed in that saying, “Home is where the heart is” more than anyone I know. And deep down, you know Grayson will always be your home.


Love,


Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you have something to say...so just say it!