Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Nonbeliever

Jamika: Thanks for being my first follower!! :) It's so hard for me to write such short little pieces. I'm usually writing these while I'm at a school in between classes or waiting to get picked up, so they aren't that long. It's funny you asked that, about writing stories in Hawai`i. Like I might've mentioned, the story I started over the summer was the first one I ever based in Hawai`i. It's weird, right? That you don't usually write things based in the place you're from. I think it's weird. Haha. But I mean, it definitely is easier to picture things in my head and have actual places to write about. And you know, I just wrote some more for that story I was writing over the summer. So I'll probably post another chapter up on fictionpress later this week and I'll let you know so you can check it out and tell me what you think! :] Cheee!

I am the nonbeliever of happy endings
Fairy tale stories and Prince Charming dreams
never slipped into my subconscious
waking state
The reality of those folklore
is that it isn't real
Just words of fluff
filling the minds of impressionable little boys and girls
too young to distinguish between what is
and what is not
I am the nonbeliever of happy endings
Lowering my expectations level
As to not encounter disappointment
because suffering is
unfortunately
inevitable
I am the nonbeliever of happy endings
And it pains me to be this way

Obviously I was in a half-empty kind of mood when I wrote this today, for several reasons. Now that I reread this, it doesn't make all that much sense. But, it's what I wrote, and it's late soooo, there ya go.

1 comment:

  1. No prob :) Yeah, I just finished writing a short story for fiction that was based in Charleston, S.C. I looked up some general places (the airport, a hotel) and then some specific places. I used Google maps so I could be specific about details and stuff. And since Google has the satellite pictures I was able to describe the places. It was kind of cool.

    It definitely brings a nice aspect to the story when you can add details about which streets you take, or if there's a McDonald's on the way. So, I definitely want to write a story based in Tacoma.
    Maybe a screenplay, b/c there are movies that have been filmed there but always take place in Seattle and it kind of bugs me.

    Anyhoo, enough rambling, haha. On to this piece:

    I liked it. It actually reminded me of the song Firefiles by Faith Hill in the very beginning--but this was, I guess, the song's opposite. I definitely like the repetition at the end. Nice job.

    But the chorus in that Faith Hill song goes:
    'I believe in fairy tales
    And dreamer's dreams like bed sheet sails.
    And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles;
    Anything I can to get by.
    And fireflies.'

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...so just say it!